Holy Trinity Warrington are looking for an office administrator
1. Introduction and Overview
• This is a part-time role (17.5 hrs/wk), working 2 days/week from Monday-Friday (working pattern to be agreed) • Also paid to attend Holy Trinity on Sundays and occasional weekday evening meetings. Hours to be reviewed after 3 years.
• Employed by the Parochial Church Council of Holy Trinity Church.
• Responsible to Vicar of Holy Trinity and St Ann’s.
• Location: 2 days/week at Holy Trinity Church.
2. Aims and Objectives
• Spiritual: To ensure that the administrative ministry of Holy Trinity Church is undertaken effectively in line with the vision and values of the church.
• Resourcing: To ensure that the overall ministry of the church is effectively resourced.
3. Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the key point of contact for all enquiries, including social media, to Holy Trinity Church and Transform Northwest, Warrington.
- To answer the phone, respond to emails, social media, postal correspondence, messages left on answer phone, deal with face-to-face enquiries and respond with the Christian message as required.
- To facilitate day-to-day running of the office and all related activities at Holy Trinity Church.
- Keep the church calendar up to date.
- To ensure that those who work within the ministry of the church (both paid staff and volunteers) are supported and resourced as necessary including rotas and worship requisites.
- To facilitate day-to-day letting of the premises to internal and external users including setting the heating.
- Liaise with current building users including Food Bank.
- To be the initial contact for new users of the building: seeking approval from Standing Committee/PCC – safeguarding, insurance, invoices, contract.
- Create weekly news letters based on the Christian message
- Create presentation schedule for Sunday morning and check music words for
- Update PowerPoint notices
- Arrange for annual service agreements to be carried out.
- Co-ordinate occasional parish mailings, including printing and distributing Easter and
- Co-ordinate production of the parish’s Annual Report in preparation for the Annual
- Arranging for contractors to visit to quote, etc.
- Such other duties and tasks as the management may from time to time require.
Weekly inputting and monthly reconciling of accounts,
- Continue to update accounts as appropriate
- Preparing annual reports – Trustees report and accounts
- Preparing financial reports for the PCC meetings
- VAT claims re building work
- Supervising the cleaner
- Purchasing coffee bar supplies
- DBS checks
- Arrange for annual licence payments: EA membership, CCLI/copyright licence.
- Pay Diocesan fees 4
2 Training and Development
- The administrator will be expected to develop their skills, knowledge and expertise by undertaking appropriate paid training which may not necessarily take place during normal working hours.
- In particular, an administrator who doesn’t have expertise in the Desirable aspects of the person description will be expected to invest some of the working time in acquiring and developing those skills
3. Person Description
Essential Aspects of Person Description Assessed by:
1. A Christian in sympathy with the mission and ethos of Holy Trinity and Transform North West
(Genuine Occupational Requirement; sec 7.2 of The Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003 applies). AI
2. Someone with proven administration skills. AIP
3. Computer literacy (email, word processing, spreadsheets and PowerPoint) AIP
4. An organised person who is able to work on their own initiative and to manage their time effectively. AI
5. Good telephone manner. I
6. Able to deal courteously and confidently with a broad spectrum of people. AI
7. Someone who is good at written communications (including the evidence of a well written CV and letter of application) AI
8. Willingness to take part in Sunday worship at Holy Trinity. I
9. Someone able to work in an environment where discretion and confidentiality are essential. AI
Desirable Aspects of Person Description Assessed by:
1. Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous AI
2. Book keeping skills (Data Developments preferred) AI
3. Creativity for design of promotional materials AI
4. A good understanding of issues of risk and liability AI
5. Competence in social media, websites etc AI
How to apply:
Applications are invited by submitting a CV.
The Job description and Person Specification should also be reviewed before making an application.
Please send CV by email or post to:
Revd Shirley Cowan
1A Fitzherbert Street
The closing date for applications is 14th December 2018
The post holder must be in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the Church of England.