On Saturday Rachel will be performing:
Schwarzer Tanzer by Nigel Wood – Saxophone
• Aria by Eugene Bozza – Saxophone
• Mattinata – Ruggero Leoncavallo – Voice
• Sungrazer – Rachel Burnett – Voice
• Braziliera & Modere by Darius Milhaud – Saxophone
• None but the lonely heart by Tchaikovsky – Voice
• Autumn Leaves by Joseph Kosma – Voice
• Les Chemins de L’Amour by Francis Poulenc – Voice
• Suite Hellenique by Pedro Itturalde – Saxophone
15 years old Rachel studies saxophone and voice at the Junior RNCM. She won Southport Young Musician of the Year in 2016 and the Warrington Competition for Young Musicians in 2018. Rachel also studies piano and composition at Junior RNCM and was shortlisted for the BBC Young Composer of the Year Competition in 2017.
In recent years she has performed vocal solos with choirs in Belgium, France and Italy, including St Mark’s Basilica in Venice, the Last Post ceremony in Ypres and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. She has recently performed solos at the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral and with the Piccadilly Symphony Orchestra in Manchester.