Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers. Fairtrade supports small scale farmers and workers who are marginalised from trade in a variety of ways. There are over 1.4 million farmers and workers in 1,140 producer organisations across the Fairtrade system. The Fairtrade organisation works with government, parliament, business, civil society and other stakeholders to advocate for policies that will make trade fair.
Fairtrade Fortnight runs from February 23rd – March 8th.
This year Fair 4 All are running a competition to find the “Best Dressed Fair-trade Product.” and your church is invited to take part, either individually or as groups or clubs etc.
To take part you need to:
- Choose your Fairtrade product.
- Dress it up.
- Make sure that the FAIRTRADE make is visible.
- Take a photo of your entry.
- Put your photo on FAIR 4 All Facebook page.
- or email to: messagesFair4All@gmail.com
- or mail/hand-in to Fair 4 All, Stall 38/39, retail Market, Bank Street, Warrington WA1 2EN.
- Ensure your details are with your entry
- Entries to be received by end of trading